Personal Data Protection Act
Your privacy is important to us.
This BoBi.Sg Personal Data Protection Policy sets out how BoBi.Sg (collectively referred to herein as “Organisation”, “us”, “we” or “our”) comply with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (“PDPA”).
We also want you to understand the way in which we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data. This Personal Data Protection Policy sets out:
a. our policies on how we manage your Personal Data;
b. the types of Personal Data we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain;
c. how we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data; and
d. the purpose(s) for which we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data.
You agree and consent to us, the Organisation, and our authorised service providers and third parties to collect, use and disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data in the manner set forth in this Personal Data Protection Policy.
This Personal Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consent which you may have previously provided to us nor does it affect any right that we may have at law in connection with the collection, use, disclosure and/ or retention of your Personal Data.
From time to time, we may update this Personal Data Protection Policy to ensure that our Policy is consistent with developments and trends in the Labour Movement and/ or any regulatory changes. Should any revision(s) be made to this Personal Data Protection Policy, updates will be published on our public site (). Subject to your legal rights in Singapore, the prevailing terms of the Personal Data Protection Policy shall apply.
This Personal Data Protection Policy forms a part of the terms and conditions governing your relationship with us and should be read in conjunction with such terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). In the event of any inconsistency between the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Policy and the Terms and Conditions, the provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
1. Your Personal Data
1. In this Personal Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data and/or information about you from which you can be identified by, either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we may have legitimate access to. Examples of such Personal Data include but are not limited to:
a. your name, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided in any forms you may have submitted to use, or in other forms of interaction with you;
b. your photos;
c. your past transactions;
d. Personal Data of your family members, such as next of kin, spouses, and children (if any);
e. information relating to payments, such as your bank account number or credit card information;
f. information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/ or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views and traffic to and from our website
2. Collection of your Personal Data
1. Generally, we may collect your Personal Data through the following ways:
a. when you sign up with us for membership;
b. when you access our websites or perform an online transaction;
c. when you interact with any of our employees;
d. when you submit an application to us for membership services and promotions;
e. when you engage us for consultation services;
f. when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
g. when you ask to be included in an email or other mailing list;
h. when you request that we contact you;
i. when you respond to our initiatives or promotions; and
j. when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
2. When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously, but please see below on cookies.
3. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
1. Generally, we may collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data for the following purposes:
a. to manage your membership including recruitment, processing and termination of your membership;
b. to provide you with membership benefits and services;
c. to provide you with consultation services;
d. to provide you with other related services;
e. to provide you with product/services/delivery;
f. to assist you with your enquiries;
g. to process payment for your membership/ product/services/delivery or any other purchases and subscriptions;
h. to improve membership/ customer services, such as resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
i. to conduct research, surveys and interviews;
j. to keep you updated on our events; and
k. to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
4. Marketing/ Optional Purposes
1. From time to time, we may contact you via mail, electronic mail, telephone (call or SMS-Text), facsimile or social medial platforms, to inform you about our membership benefits, services and events that we think may be of interest to you.
2. You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing materials (by informing us through email/whatsapp/call) and we will remove your details from our direct marketing database.
3. Please note that we may still send you non-marketing messages such as surveys, customer-service notices and other service related notices.
5. Disclosure of your Personal Data
1. We may disclose your Personal Data to the following group of external organisation for purposes mentioned above, subjected to the requirements of applicable laws:
a. Ixxi Creative Private Limited;
b. agents, contractors, data intermediaries or third party service providers who provide services, such as telecommunications, mailing, information technology, payment, payroll, data processing, market research, carding, storage and archival, to the Organisation;
c. our professional advisers such as our auditors;
d. relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any government authority;
e. third party reward, loyalty, privileges and co-branded programme providers;
f. business partners that provides any membership services and benefits; and
g. any other person in connection with the purposes set forth above.
1. We may collect or analyse anonymised information from which individuals cannot be identified (“Aggregate Information”), such as number of users and their frequency of use, the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our websites and common entry and exit points into our websites.
2. We make use of “cookies” to store and track Aggregate Information about you when you enter our website(s). Such cookies are used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their online preferences.
3. Such aggregate Information collected may be used to assist us in analysing the usage of our website(s) so as to improve your online experience with us.
4. Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, please note that this may affect the functionality of the website(s).
7. Third-Party Sites
1. Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties independent of the Organisation. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites operated by third parties even though it is linked to our website(s).
2. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of such third party website(s) by checking the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
8. Protection of your Personal Data
1. We maintain appropriate security safeguards and practices to protect your Personal Data unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification disposal or similar risks, in accordance with applicable laws.
9. Accuracy of your Personal Data
1. We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Data remains accurate, complete and up-to-date.
2. You may also keep us informed when there are any updates to your Personal Data by contacting us directly.